• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

East Coast Binocular Repairs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FTR, I get it, and poor communication is frustrating. Just saying im glad such shops still exist !
I hope it was indeed an e-mail glitch and all turns out well ;-)
Yeah its nice some folk can still repair old things...the zeiss binos were my late fathers, he had them nearly all my life, poor communication from the repair guy, has lead to this thread. I cant help that and potentially neither can he...but i dont run a business saying i can repair binoculars.I run a roofing company and we make sure we contact our customers.

Maybe he will....but then i will put him in pieces
Wow... what a thing to say... sometimes jobs take longer than expected, being in the roofing trade I bet you already know that.

Communication mix ups can also happen, I suppose it's just one of those things.

Gary is a top bloke, he's helped me out with some new eyecups for my Zeiss FL 7x42 at no cost to myself, he even covered the postage, help like that for a complete stranger is very rare in this day and age.

When the binos are completed and returned I'm quite sure you'll be very happy with them.

You never know who you're dealing with.... I wonder if Gary is a cage fighter..... just sayin😅
I've got a mate who was a cage fighter and former pro boxer, he's now overweight at 140kgs but he's still formidable. He opened his mouth to the wrong bloke in Penang and he got battered and dragged all over the island, in front of his wife!

@ Keith424

Looks like you have been given a perfectly reasonable explanation of what occurred.

An appropriate response on your part could have been something like:

"Thank you for giving an update. I am sorry about taking this to a public forum, I was getting a bit anxious when I could not get through to you via phone this morning."

Instead you are posting threats....

The mind boggles.

@ Keith424

Looks like you have been given a perfectly reasonable explanation of what occurred.

An appropriate response on your part could have been something like:

"Thank you for giving an update. I am sorry about taking this to a public forum, I was getting a bit anxious when I could not get through to you via phone this morning."

Instead you are posting threats....

The mind boggles.
Wouldn't be surprised if a certain pair of 'bins' got 'lost in the post'.

Wouldn't be surprised if a certain pair of 'bins' got 'lost in the post'.

That might be your way of dealing with an unpleasant customer.

I would expect Keith's binoculars to arrive safely with all repairs carried out professionally.

I have never done business with East Coast Binoculars, but I have been on the binocular forum long enough to see plenty of positive feedback for ECB. In fact I cannot recall reading any negative feedback.

That might be your way of dealing with an unpleasant customer.

I would expect Keith's binoculars to arrive safely with all repairs carried out professionally.

I have never done business with East Coast Binoculars, but I have been on the binocular forum long enough to see plenty of positive feedback for ECB. In fact I cannot recall reading any negative feedback.
That was tongue in cheek which I think most people would have understood.....................

Can we please tone down the humour. I am giving people the benefit of the doubt about it being humour. Let's keep to topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back