• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Flared' vs. 'unflared' BinoBandit for Swaro NL (2 Viewers)

There are two BinoBandit shapes, 'flared' and 'unflared.' Has anyone used the 'flared' model for the NL? I naively prefer its appearance and the lack of buckles.

'Flared' BinoBandit'

I would be interested in how that works if the glass is at or below freezing.

I have only the model with clips. It can be instantly popped off and on, and one side or the other or both can be folded down depending on conditions and/or to dissipate fogging. This version allows me to use even with glasses and with a rainguard nestled in so better in that respect than winged eyecups. The flared version may not work as well with glasses (based on the picture?). The clips are small and can be a bit fiddly and also work best on smaller bins as a sub for a rainguard. On larger bins like the NL clipping them together over the oculars just tends to pull them out of position. Once you get them properly adjusted they can be very helpful and less cumbersome than may appear at first. No affiliation.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back