• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (11 Viewers)

One more fabulous, salt-infused charcoal for the top notch collection.

Sounds like the reviewer felt the way I'm sure I would have felt had I been able to get to the ex. Great stuff! Take it on a tour and bring a bit of Orkney down to us impoverished southerners!

Mike

Many thanks folks - amazing what slipping a tenner into a brown envelope can achieve ;)

Two from the past couple of days - oystercatchers arer 36"x14",
Red-throated diver is 36"x22" - both charcoal on paper.

Attachments

• oiksnew8.jpg
    oiksnew8.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 100
  • diver8.jpg
    diver8.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 96
oooooh! , and I mean OOOOOOH! What is it about b+w that is so instantly arresting - the oystercatchers are ART - 'nuff said. And one of your prize-winning pair of divers now in monochrome speaks to me more than the original.

hoping I make sense, usual excuse! - where's the beer smilie gone???

love the oystercatchers, you really caught their sharp flickering flight( say that fast 3 times:) )the oystercatchers I see are called black oystercatchers, don't know why cause they are really brown...the two tone version is on the east coast US I hear.

One's all frantic movement and action and the other's all calm serenity. You're on a winning streak with the charcoals Tim, really showing the range of effects possible.

Mike

'High'

Peregrine portrait just about finished (I think). Now just pacing about waiting for wife to return with car so I can try for this Sandhill-fecking-crane!!!!!!
Apparently very flighty down in the south of the island, South Ronaldsay.

Attachments

• pereportrait8.jpg
    pereportrait8.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 95
yes - it's finished - and a beauty at that - don't pick at it in a desperate attempt to find something to do until sunlight now!

if it makes you feel any better - probably not - it's an hour closer to tomorrow here - and at least the bird you're waiting for exists - not like that 'error inputting data' pratincole that got me going on my birthday!

Last edited:
Beautiful light in the pere Tim, and Nick's right; put it away now.

I wonder if the booted eagle ate the puffin yet? Now that's a Kent photograpehr's dream!

Not long till daylight now Tim, start your engines!

Mike

Not so fast Mike - not lookin' much like a Booted now!! Love the light in the Pere pic Tim and good luck on the 'morrow with the crane. Lesson learnt - never let the woman have the car!! Ain't you got a spare bike??;)

Not so fast Mike - not lookin' much like a Booted now!! Love the light in the Pere pic Tim and good luck on the 'morrow with the crane. Lesson learnt - never let the woman have the car!! Ain't you got a spare bike??;)
Sal has the car for work - I walk everywhere. And a bike's not much use cos the bird's about 35 miles away (plus 2 kids to look after) - anyway - dog walked, 9 herons and a merlin over the house and off I go . . . ..

Good luck Tim. You lot get the big grey bird in one location we get the tiny one that spends its time way out on the water of a massive estuary, typical!

Shame but still, black kite's good enough for me!

Mike

Sandhill Crane

Here are a few of the drawings from today. The light is sh!t and is colouring them horrribly so I won't try to post any more - I'll try and do them tomorrow.
Who knows - if it stays around, I may go back for seconds (and thirds . . . .)

Attachments

• crane1.jpg
    crane1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 67
  • crane2.jpg
    crane2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 58
  • col1.jpg
    col1.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 79
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back