• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (2 Viewers)

Cheers folks - appreciate the support.
Just the one Nick - looks ike a fair trade to me (I'll just pop out and catch one for you).

They're back - well they have been for quite a while now but I haven't had any time to spend with them. I took a wee diversion during survey work to locate a few pairs which I bumped into last season and found them immediately. More to the point, I also found a three-day old skua chick - almost impossible to find ordinarily. The parents are a light phase and a dark phase couple; probably the most aggressive arctic skuas I've ever come across. Maybe a reason why they seem to be relatively successful up there, too?
This splodgy daubing is the dark-phase bird (which I'm taking as the male) standing off as I approach the nest site.
Acrylic on canvas, 20"x16"

Attachments

• skua.jpg
    skua.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 84
Wonderfully dynamic birds the skua's......and always a joy to see 'wherever'...top notch pic....goes without saying...[so i don't know why i said it really]...;)

I'll get me coat....

Brill stuff....:t:

I suspect that the canvas's enjoy your expert painterly 'attacks' Tim....[similar to the way bricks feel about getting laid]....tis what they're there for isn't it...?;)

ps...can i say that about bricks...?! :eek!: Tooo late....:smoke:

Great pic by the way...:t: Oceans a constant source of inspiration....:cat:

what a breath of fresh air breezing from the surface of this - I miss water that actually creeps enough away from the horizontal to foam - each brushstroke here is an expression.

London bus scenario . . . . no seascapes for weeks then along come two.
Acrylic on canvas, 16"x12"

Attachments

• Yesnaby .jpg
    Yesnaby .jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
these seascapes are getting so good - in some older ones there seems to be a little bit of fuss here and there, whereas now, they're spontaneous, natural and sooooooooooooooooo dramatic.

these seascapes are getting so good - in some older ones there seems to be a little bit of fuss here and there, whereas now, they're spontaneous, natural and sooooooooooooooooo dramatic.

Yep. These are natural as could be. And a welcome respite from our 90+ weather. Pretty soon you'll be coming out with a second new book on painting water, sea and rocks. As Nick says, they are 'getting so good!!'

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back