• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (6 Viewers)

Excellent seascape Tim...:t:

ps...i always imagine cliff faces as an individuals human 'face'....with the oceans tidal currents shaping one's 'views' over time...[if that makes any sense]...:smoke: Not that you needed to know that...

[Great stuff....lovely technique...hope to see more similar works soon]...

A slightly larger piece with a bit of a birdy focus this time;
"Eye Level, Sea Level" - acrylic on canvas, 20"x16"

Attachments

• elsl.jpg
    elsl.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 75
Tim's in a painting frenzy here, is there something going on ?..whatever it is keep it up;)

wish I was putting htis much energy into painting rather than thinking hell, how am I going to teach in a few hours with four pints of beer and half a bottle of wine in me! Superb fulmar! (bloody well hope that sober eyes see a fulmar too!)

Nothing sinister or underhand going on, I assure you - but with having to work on bird surveys whenever the weather's suitable and an illustration job that will take up a lot of time to start next week, I'm just getting a few ideas out of my head and onto canvas. Finding my half-inch brushes also helps; here's another 20"x16" canvas that's had to suffer the long-handled, fat brush treatment.

Attachments

• ledge.jpg
    ledge.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 88
Oh my gosh! Just seen the last piece.

The power of Nature distilled here fantastically!

And the superb Fulmar drifting through. Breathtaking stuff Tim. And here's me painting Bullfinches in bushes!

What a group, sun drenched and dripping with deliciousness applied deftly with the big fat brush!

And the seascapes just speak volumes about the place you're lucky enough to call home.

More!

Mike

Great sense of interaction among the birds Tim. I can see where those big fat brushes caused you all sorts of problems.........HAH! I guess we'll have to wait for the short-handled version just to see an even better painting than this.

Just looked at 'Eye level, sea level'. Phenomenal. I find it difficult to comment on full blown works of art like this as I know bugger all about the process, but what I can say is Is their no end to this man's talent with the brush? Reminds me of a Chris Rose special with a few guiding words from Ernest Shackleton!

Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back