• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Have You Seen Any of These Birds? (2 Viewers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanchez7
Has anyone seen the Orinoco Softtail? I don't see it on the list in the first post of this thread.

Carlos
I have seen it Carlos... at Canho Grulla, Venezuela, in a woodcreepers-recording-trip with/for Curtis Marantz back in 2008.

Indeed Larry,
the Orinoco Softail, the new Delta Amacuro Softail, the not-so-new Orinoco River Spinetail, and the yet unnamed Stigmatura sp. Wagtail-Tyrant from the Orinoco River islands (http://www.flickr.com/photos/colombia_birding_diego/8361808008/) should be added to the seen list... ;-)

Diego:

Orinoco Softail has been moved from "not seen" to "seen" list.

Delta Amacuro Softail is already in the "seen" list.

Rio Orinoco Spinetail will be added to the "not seen list".

* Not sure if the Stigmatura sp. Wagtail-Tyrant has been described yet or not. So I will hold off on that one for the time being.

Larry,

I've seen Chestnut-headed Flufftail and Niam-niam Parrot. Can't imagine anyone seeing Crested Shelduck, long gone I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Himalayan Snowcock, (I do know some birders here in the states that have seen this bird. One is even on BF, but I don't think that person has been too active on BF of late.)

Saw Himalayan Snowcock on a trek in Langtang National Park, Nepal early last year. There are good sites for them high up in the Langtang Valley - on Tsergo Ri & Kyangin Ri where I saw mine.

How about Bare-faced Bulbul (Pycnonotus hualon) recently discovered in Laos?

Himalayan Snowcock is on the seen list, many of us have observed that species. Antshrike has just seen the bulbul as has James Eaton and others.

Diego, I will move the Rio Orinoco Spinetail to the "seen" list.

rockfowl, I will move Chrestnut-headed Flufftail and Niam-niam Parrot to the "seen" list.

I need to hear from antshrike69 concerning the Bare-faced Bulbul before moving it.

* "Can't imagine anyone seeing Crested Shelduck", perhaps I need to mark it as possibly extinct.

wildambience said:
How about Bare-faced Bulbul (Pycnonotus hualon) recently discovered in Laos?
I have added the Bare-faced Bulbul to the "Not seen" list.

The Rio Orinoco Spinetail, Chestnut-headed Flufftail and Niam-niam Parrot have been moved to the "seen" list.

The Crested Shelduck is now marked "possibly extinct".

My computer time has been limited due to my wife's recent major surgery (now in a care/rehab facility for an undetermined time).

I will update this thread when I can find the time.

I've seen Black-bellied Storm-petrel on a trip to Antarctica Dec 2010 and New Zealand Storm-petrels March and April 2010 Ulladulla and Wollongong pelagics in Australia,

cheers,

Rob

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back