• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is there anything wrong with this blue tit? (2 Viewers)

Io Sapsai

Bulgaria
Hi, I noticed this bird coming to my feeder today. It doesn't seem to be moving any different than the others, it's not lethargic and eats normally. I'm worried that there's something wrong with its eyes. I can see it on both sides but I'm not sure if it has weird feathers or if there is some kind of an infefction. Sorry for the potato quality, my feeder cam sucks at close range and I'm still figuring it out.

Attachments

• DSCF0800 - frame at 0m2s.jpg
    DSCF0800 - frame at 0m2s.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0800 - frame at 0m2.5s.jpg
    DSCF0800 - frame at 0m2.5s.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 18
Welcome to Birdforum.

I can’t really tell from the photos, but it might have a tick.

Hi Io Sapsai and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. It isn't very easy to tell, but I'm wondering if there's some form of melanism: Dictionary M-O - BirdForum Opus going on there. This appears to be very much less common than leucism, at least in the UK.

If it's possible for you to get a clearer image, it would be great if you could post it into this thread, so we can give it more consideration.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

I thought it was some kind of mutation because it's symmetrical. I can't make a clear picture but I'll look at it with my binoculars when I spot the bird again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back