• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica eye candy.... (17 Viewers)

I had a look at Jan’s site, primarily to check the most recent review by Gijs,
see 'Verrekijkers testen en vergelijken' in the right hand column at: https://www.houseofoutdoor.com/verrekijkers/

However, I noticed that some of the images in the pages about the different company details have been updated.
So belatedly, various Leica and Leitz models . . .

a) an earlier image (slightly lightened)

View attachment 1531128

b) the current one (as is)

View attachment 1531129

I left this one unadjusted, as some may wish to download, zoom in and adjust it to better see some of the details
[I was especially interested in the cutaway of the current Trinovid HD (near the top LHS) that I’d not seen before].

. . . So even more encouragement (if needed!) to visit Jan's store if you're ever in the vicinity.

John
I'm awaiting one of Jan's treasures to arrive in the next few days, top bloke to deal with.

I wish I could have made the trip to collect them but time and money didn't allow it sadly- next time I'm in the low countries I surely will.

Tenex, post 142,
The picture shown is a Leitz Canada Elcan 7x50 made in black or in grey. If I remember well I have investigated a sample some years ago.
Gijs van Ginkel

Tenex in addition to my previous post: a test of the ELcan 7x50 can be found on the WEB-site of House of Outdoor dating may 2016.
The roof prism Leitz Elcans were made in 1974-1977 by Leitz Canada (approx. 2000 for the military and 400 samples for civil use. The military version is made in black, the civilian one in gray. Weight 1134 g, close focus 9 m, FOV 127m/1000m, light transmission 72-75%, price 1287 guilders in 1977, now 400-600 euros.
It is a well made binocular and feels indestructable. It seems to be made so strong that the a soldier could kill his opponent by hitting him with this binocular on the head.
Gijs van Ginkel

I love your 6x24! Great design and nice 6x configuration.
I have been meaning to post a photo of these for a few months.
jafritten found an old post that I had made indicating that I wanted a pair of these and went out of their way to message me when they saw that there was a pair for sale on ebay. Thanks again jafrittn! This post doesn't have anything to do with the post that I quoted, but I wanted to get your attention.
These BNs are awesome. Clearly inferior to my UVHD+ 7x42s, but I don't care. These ones are blue! This photo shows my BNs in what feels a bit like their natural habitat - a stormy spring day watching ducks in an estuary. There is a big flock of mixed ducks (mostly widgeons) out of focus in the background of this photo. I accidently spooked a gaggle of widgeons as I approached this spot :(. Migration has started :love:.
IMG_2098.JPG

I have been meaning to post a photo of these for a few months.
jafritten found an old post that I had made indicating that I wanted a pair of these and went out of their way to message me when they saw that there was a pair for sale on ebay. Thanks again jafrittn! This post doesn't have anything to do with the post that I quoted, but I wanted to get your attention.
These BNs are awesome. Clearly inferior to my UVHD+ 7x42s, but I don't care. These ones are blue! This photo shows my BNs in what feels a bit like their natural habitat - a stormy spring day watching ducks in an estuary. There is a big flock of mixed ducks (mostly widgeons) out of focus in the background of this photo. I accidently spooked a gaggle of widgeons as I approached this spot :(. Migration has started :love:.
View attachment 1567160

Wow 🤩 beautiful binocular and very nice view!

Congratulations, enjoy your BN! Did you get the accessories too? I guessed the photo might be AK, though I've never been there.
View attachment 1567247
I actually tried to get this whole outfit in the fall...from Hong Kong....needless to say it didn't work out too well since ya'll haven't SEEN it!:mad:
Suffice to say my one and LAST attempt at buying an optic on eBay from Hong Kong went wrong.

Hoping not to go too much off-topic, what happened @chill6x6?
Quickly...I purchased one NIB from what seemed like a reputable seller in Hong Kong. BTW, I have bought optics from Japan, Canada, Poland, Italy, Greece, The Netherlands, others? without issue. Actually excellent purchases. Not Hong Kong. Purchased it. They say it is hung up in customs. Never had even the slightest issue any place else. eBay and PayPal are GREAT with easy/smooth transactions. But when things go wrong, either could care less. Bought in August, no binocular. Not expecting it.

Quickly...I purchased one NIB from what seemed like a reputable seller in Hong Kong. BTW, I have bought optics from Japan, Canada, Poland, Italy, Greece, The Netherlands, others? without issue. Actually excellent purchases. Not Hong Kong. Purchased it. They say it is hung up in customs. Never had even the slightest issue any place else. eBay and PayPal are GREAT with easy/smooth transactions. But when things go wrong, either could care less. Bought in August, no binocular. Not expecting it.
Thank you for your response @chill6x6.

Oh man, that's a real bummer. I am sorry this happened to you. I just hope it still will show up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back