• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica eye candy.... (8 Viewers)

I have been meaning to post a photo of these for a few months.
jafritten found an old post that I had made indicating that I wanted a pair of these and went out of their way to message me when they saw that there was a pair for sale on ebay. Thanks again jafrittn! This post doesn't have anything to do with the post that I quoted, but I wanted to get your attention.
These BNs are awesome. Clearly inferior to my UVHD+ 7x42s, but I don't care. These ones are blue! This photo shows my BNs in what feels a bit like their natural habitat - a stormy spring day watching ducks in an estuary. There is a big flock of mixed ducks (mostly widgeons) out of focus in the background of this photo. I accidently spooked a gaggle of widgeons as I approached this spot :(. Migration has started :love:.
View attachment 1567160
Thank you for the picture, Quincy. These are a looker in blue. And mint they seem. I am glad you're happy with your BNs.

Bit of comparative candy here. On the left is the case I sent some mini trinovids to leica in, on the right is the case they returned in - it's much nicer, thinner so more pocketable- the bins fit in with the ipd slightly open so they're flatter. It even has little leica logo's on the zips, and they sent to original back too. Top service.IMG_20240328_151616134.jpgIMG_20240328_151601833.jpg

Hello from the UK, for my first post !

I was reading this thread on my mobile sipping coffee in bed on this quiet unusually sunny Good Friday morning and just had to post a few pics of my very much-loved bins, my Trinovid 10x42 HD's and my 10x25 BCA's. Love them both and after having very old Russian glass and then a pair of Vortex Diamondback HD's for many years, the Leica's are something to behold. I think I'm in love.

My dad always wanted a pair of Trinovids back in the day, unfortunately he was never able to afford them, and as he's passed now I thought I should honour him by getting a pair myself, and I bought the 10x42's. So, thanks dad for getting me out in to the wilds at every opportunity and teaching me about the beauty of this world... he was a Nature Conservancy Warden and during my childhood I got to see places that only a select few get to visit, the UK is quite small, but has some amazing world class scenery.

Before I go too far down the rabbit hole I've got to say, some of the collections on here are out of this world, truly awesome gear, it's hard not to get jealous.

You'll see too that I've posted a pic of a few of the 'extra's' I've acquired too, to which my wife states "you've got mental problems", lol, because all I talk about is Leica this and Leica that ... lol

Fingers crossed I'll be getting myself a Leica X Vario camera in the not too distant future to add to the beginnings of my collection, it's just evocative beautiful gear that screams to be loved. Tactile quality at it's best.

Anyway, hello, and thanks for the excellent reading.

Attachments

• LEICA'S ON CHAIR 3.png
    LEICA'S ON CHAIR 3.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 41
  • LEICA'S ON CHAIR 2.png
    LEICA'S ON CHAIR 2.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7109.jpg
    IMG_7109.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6476.jpg
    IMG_6476.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
  • DSC00778-8-SCREEN.jpg
    DSC00778-8-SCREEN.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 38
You'll see too that I've posted a pic of a few of the 'extra's' I've acquired too, to which my wife states "you've got mental problems"
Your wife sent us some other proof you forgot, and we really agree with her , " you've got serious mental problems "... We all understand here, but you're going a little far anyway.
Still try to pull yourself together a little, slow down a little, think about your relationship !! ๐Ÿ˜‹

serious problems.jpg

Your wife sent us some other proof you forgot, and we really agree with her , " you've got serious mental problems "... We all understand here, but you're going a little far anyway.
Still try to pull yourself together a little, slow down a little, think about your relationship !! ๐Ÿ˜‹

View attachment 1568683

What is that pictured on the right ? Is it some kind of case ?
Jerry

Cool Geovids. They look really nice in green. They also look really nice in black, so that would be a tough choice. Enjoy.
Am I understanding correctly that these are a recent acquisition?
Hello @quincy88, yes indeed, they are a very recent purchase, and made it safely to Alaska; just in time for our feathered friends to return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back