• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new binocular wishes 2023 (1 Viewer)

There’s a gem among green teas called gyokuro which is my favorite, though I’ve got no idea if it can be found here. I like all green teas, but my favorite teas from Japan are gyokuro, genmaicha, mugicha and bancha; from one of the most expensive and all the way down to the cheapest.
Just curious, as Scott98 said, where can one obtain Green Tea in the US.

Just curious, as Scott98 said, where can one obtain Green Tea in the US.
Green tea should be fairly easy to find and I think he was referring to his favorite as opposed to green tea in general.

All Asian food markets as well as many modern supermarkets probably carry a varying range of teas and with the popularity of both sencha and matcha, they might be the two easiest varieties to find.

How strange to come to this topic and see a discussion on green tea....and I seem to have started it :cool:

The ultimate source of loose-leaf tea in the United States is a fantastic company located here in Mass....Upton Tea Company:

Japanese Gyokuro is awesome, but it's a very high caffeine green tea. Along with Gunpowder types from China. I prefer Sencha and Bancha from japan. Bancha is one of the lower-caffeine green teas, it's a mix of top and lower, older leaves. Sencha is just the top leaves. Gyokuro is shade-grown which increases the flavor and caffeine. Upton imports excellent organic-grown varieties of all these, along with all the classic black ones from around the world.

If you see me posting here I am likely writing with a steaming cup of green tea in front of me :)

How strange to come to this topic and see a discussion on green tea....and I seem to have started it :cool:

The ultimate source of loose-leaf tea in the United States is a fantastic company located here in Mass....Upton Tea Company:

Japanese Gyokuro is awesome, but it's a very high caffeine green tea. Along with Gunpowder types from China. I prefer Sencha and Bancha from japan. Bancha is one of the lower-caffeine green teas, it's a mix of top and lower, older leaves. Sencha is just the top leaves. Gyokuro is shade-grown which increases the flavor and caffeine. Upton imports excellent organic-grown varieties of all these, along with all the classic black ones from around the world.

If you see me posting here I am likely writing with a steaming cup of green tea in front of me :)
Not cheap, how long is 125 grams going to last, curious?

7x35 done right. Weather sealed, fog proof, dark green armour. That would be a delight. Sub 2000 UK sterling. One can dream, right?

My wish for 2024+: a second generation Swarovski ATX/BTX/STX system, with more reliability in the 115 and better build quality on the BTX and maybe a zoom capability too. That would make my next upgrade a no-brainier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back