• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Monarch ATB 10x42 Waterproof Binoculars (2 Viewers)

So in conclusion, is the collective opinion on the Monarch 10x42 positive or negative ? I'm interested in buying a pair myself as I'd like a 10x42 but it must be fairly light and not too expensive. Thanks in advance for all your feedback !

solentbirder said:
So in conclusion, is the collective opinion on the Monarch 10x42 positive or negative ? I'm interested in buying a pair myself as I'd like a 10x42 but it must be fairly light and not too expensive. Thanks in advance for all your feedback !

i liked he 8x42 one, but not the 10x42 one (when you compare things with a SE or EII or Ultravid, things get tough). it's probably the best 10x42 roof prism waterproof for $300.

So in conclusion, is the collective opinion on the Monarch 10x42 positive or negative ?

I tend to agree with Otto's comments. However, if you can actually try the 10x42 Monarchs out that you intend to buy then you may not have a problem with them. I would not buy this configuration of these binoculars mail order.

On a related note, I wonder if the 12x42 version is just as iffy or worse.

I really wish they would come out with an 8x32. I think they would sell like hotcakes.

solentbirder said:
Thanks for the advice everyone ! If I buy a 10x42 I'll post my findings.

Where are you looking at buying yours from? (ie how much) and have you tried the/seen any good prices for the 8x42?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back