• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Monarch HG (1 Viewer)

Sounds like that particular binocular is defective and needs to be returned or exchanged with the seller or sent to Nikon for service. I have no idea how service is handled in your part of the Nikon world. I thought read recently that Nikon was pulling out of some areas in your region. I hope your friend can get it resolved without to much trouble.

There was a review posted on Cabela's for the Nikon Monarch HG were the buyer's unit (a 10X) had diopter drift. He exchanged it and the replacement had the same issue. Nikon may of had a production issue for a period and some flawed units got out.

Click on the Reviews tab to see the review.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/NIKON-MONARCH-HG-BINOCULAR/2524330.uts?slotId=0

Sorry for omitting detsils- was a friend from the US with a faulty unit and I suggested the same, that diopter drift is a fault and it should be returned. Not sure when/if they have done so, however.

I am hoping to see another sample at some point. Would also be lovely if they applied the lightweight, compact, wide field of view formula to an updated 8x30 or 8x32 with similar QPR.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back