• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

No more Nikon 8x20 HG L ? (1 Viewer)

Lapprentis

I have seen that there is no more high end Nikon compact binoculars on their Canadian web site…Does anyone knows why they drop that line ? Too bad, they were, and still are, incredible optics at least equal to any alpha brand, at about half the price. There are a few for sale from japan on ebay.

Yes they are, see
That site says no stock for either. I doubt Nikon has made these for quite some years. Probably discontinued around the same time as the EDG's. Only ones I see for sale are new old stock from Japan and I've been looking for the 8x20 for awhile for a decent price. $549 on Amazon.de is shipping from France, so again probably new old stock.

That site says no stock for either. I doubt Nikon has made these for quite some years. Probably discontinued around the same time as the EDG's. Only ones I see for sale are new old stock from Japan and I've been looking for the 8x20 for awhile for a decent price. $549 on Amazon.de is shipping from France, so again probably new old stock.
Thanks, I was sure they discontinued these pockets…..

Just because Nikon USA or Nikon Canada chooses to discontinue marketing a particular model binocular in their market doesn't mean that the model is necessarily discontinued by Nikon Japan. If the Kyoei Japan website is to be believed
then the HGL compacts, EII series and the x42 EDGs are still available in Japan.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back