• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SF 32, First Impressions (2 Viewers)

Just measured the SF 8x32 and it is 150mm with eyecups down. Here is the photo requested with the Victory Pocket alongside the SF.

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_4380 Red.jpg
    IMG_4380 Red.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 313
Thanks Lee.

Are you able to do the same side by side for FL32?

Alan

Sorry Alan, I sold my FL8x32 to Seldom Perched!

However I can tell you that SF32 is approx the height of the FL plus the diameter of a 1p coin. Hope this helps.

BTW I own SF42s and when looking at specifications I thought they sound rather long but it has never entered my mind to think that out in the field.

Lee

Thanks again Lee, not to worry.

I'm rather fond of my FL but can't help being curious about SF. Something to ponder and look foward to once this horrible situation is behind us.

Alan

Thanks again Lee, not to worry.

I'm rather fond of my FL but can't help being curious about SF. Something to ponder and look foward to once this horrible situation is behind us.

Alan

We have had to cancel our annual visit to North Uist and its a sad blow. Cross fingers for better times. We have read of cases on Lewis: not good.

Lee

Yes, I'd planned being on Uist at Easter but have had to call off.

I understand the 3 confirmed cases so far are on Lewis. Only a question of time before it makes its way down the chain I fear?

The current situation will impede any sales of new products coming out, the SF sales no doubt will be one of them. Sales will pick up after this situation (Chinese Virus) has stopped crushing the economy, and who knows how long that will be.

Andy W.

The current situation will impede any sales of new products coming out, the SF sales no doubt will be one of them. Sales will pick up after this situation (Chinese Virus) has stopped crushing the economy, and who knows how long that will be.

Andy W.

Here we've got chinese fans, so you better use Covid 19 instead of 'chinese virus' OK?

Indeed - while this particular virus did by all accounts originate in China, recent use/branding of the term "Chinese Virus" means that using that term makes a political statement that is probably better left out of birdforum, and may make a political statement about the person using the term.

Are you Chinese?

Andy W.

A wee bit personal Andy,
Does it make any difference, he is just politely requesting that a more accurate term is used rather than one named after a nation, even if the source of the coronavirus actually came from one of the provinces. So why not just say COVID -19?

So what do we call German measles then?. I will let this go, but the political correctness today shows over-sensitivity in my opinion.

Andy W.

So what do we call German measles then?.
Andy W.
Rubeola

I agree, we live in a very different world and some things said in all innocence may seem not to be so by others. It just smacks of something idiotic and purposefully said by your President to appear smug. I dont see you as such.

Regards

PS. I wouldn't have much faith in B and H having any 32mm SFs on the 7th April. Maybe I'm over cautious but I wouldn't pay anything up front just yet.

Last edited:
Pyrtle,

Well my dwelling and car may be the only place left for freedom of speech. Up next, freedom of thought will be challenged.

Personally I have enough German/Japanese glass, and in the future I know where I will, and will not buy glass from.

I agree with your statement regarding B & H, a bit early.

Andy W.

Also agree that B&H seem a bit early, though if the pricing is accurate it's a nice sign, I was/am afraid they would/will price at US$2500+

Andy W.

You could be right Andy but over here in the UK we are being encouraged to take a walk every day (while keeping away from other people) and as we know on Birdforum a walk is always more pleasurable with a pair of binos, and what better way to cheer yourself up when social-distancing than to get a new pair of binos?

Lee

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back