• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Slash's Pompey Patch List 2011 (1 Viewer)

Matelot birder

World traveller courtesy of the RN, Hants lister,
I am going to do two lists this year, firstly my local patch and then as I am in the Royal Navy, a deployment list which will be in the middle of the year when my ship heads for sunnier climes.

Firstly my local patch, this is an area around Portsdown Hill, north of the M27,
with Skew lane to the West and north and east to the yellow field you can see in the photograph.
To the very east you can see some of the chalk which anyone who knows Portsmouth will know very well.
This area also includes my back garden.

I took my first field trip today, which was a little late in the afternoon, so I only had a few species. I do expect to get a good list over the year, although I will probably miss the spring migration.

Todays's birds

1. Black-headed Gull
2. Common Gull
3. Wood Pigeon
4. Collared Dove
5. Magpie
6. Carrion Crow
7. Jackdaw
8. Rook
9. Blackbird
10. Robin
11. Wren
12. Skylark
13. Greenfinch
14. Goldfinch
15. Great Tit
16. Blue Tit
17. Dunnock

Hopefully a lot more to follow over the next year.

The Three Amigos Birding Blog
http://www.surfbirds.com/blog/amigo

Attachments

• portsdown.jpg
    portsdown.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
The weather has been terrible lately but after going for the Smew at Blashford I decided to walk the patch. The wind was gusting at the top of the hill but I still managed to add two species.

18. Long-tailed Tit
19. Redwing

A soon as we get some better weather I will be up there more

The Three Amigos Birding Blog
http://www.surfbirds.com/blog/amigo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back