• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Uk400club 'list Of Lists' Etc Etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote......"without any "billy - no - mates" interfering and adding stupid irrelevant comments"

I don't know many people who wouldn't be offended by that remark. It has nothing to with interpretation, just civility.

I think most people, when being called "billy-no-mates" by non-friends and in a clearly non-witty manner, would read that as rude.

Coupled with the overall tone of the post, I doubt many people would read that as merely expressing an opinion - it comes across as a more-than-forthright way of being told to stay out of this thread as I am not a member of the UK400 Club or do not have a list on it (and thank God for that!).

And if Pat/Pyrtle is allowed to express an opinion, why aren't I? This is after all an open forum where all members are allowed to comment, and theoretically any one is allowed to join BirdForum (subject to agreeing to and following the rules). Others not involved with Lee Evans, his club, or with twitching per se have expressed an opinion, so why I shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion and to be on the receiving end of a less-than-polite "suggestion" to not get involved is beyond me?

P
I think most people, when being called "billy-no-mates" by non-friends and in a clearly non-witty manner, would read that as rude.

Coupled with the overall tone of the post, I doubt many people would read that as merely expressing an opinion - it comes across as a more-than-forthright way of being told to stay out of this thread as I am not a member of the UK400 Club or do not have a list on it (and thank God for that!).

And if Pat/Pyrtle is allowed to express an opinion, why aren't I? This is after all an open forum where all members are allowed to comment, and theoretically any one is allowed to join BirdForum (subject to agreeing to and following the rules). Others not involved with Lee Evans, his club, or with twitching per se have expressed an opinion, so why I shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion and be on the receiving end of a less-than-polite "suggestion" to not get involved?
pats comments are very polite when compared to recent emails received from Mr Evans.

Last edited:
P pats comments are very polite when compared to recent emails received by Mr Evans.

I'll take your word that Pyrtle's post was not as rude as Lee's emails, but by virtually anyone else's point of view, when taken into context to what it was in response to, it was unnecessarily aggressive and rude.

Last edited:
black kite 1964
[/QUOTE] i just want my name to be taken off a data base i never asked to be on in the first place. Simples!!!

black kite 1964
It is about interpretation. Some people are more offended than others.[/QUOTE]

I guess your more offended than others then?

Last edited:
black kite 1964
i just want my name to be taken off a data base i never asked to be on in the first place. Simples!!!

black kite 1964
It is about interpretation. Some people are more offended than others.[/QUOTE]

I guess your more offended than others then?[/QUOTE]
i do not hold a file on Mr evans. In his emails he says he holds information about my private life not just the birds i have or have not seen. I suspect Mr Evans believes he is some kind of high powered cia Investigator, rather than a failed news of the world hack which is more realistic assessment.

Evans has no right to behave in the way he does. He has no right to hold data on me either. Simples

Last edited:
i just want my name to be taken off a data base i never asked to be on in the first place. Simples!!!

black kite 1964
It is about interpretation. Some people are more offended than others.

I guess your more offended than others then?[/QUOTE]
i do not hold a file on Mr evans. In his emails he says he holds information about my private life not just the birds i have or have not seen. I suspect Mr Evans believes he is some kind of high powered cia Investigator, rather than a failed news of the world hack which is more realistic assessment.

Evans has no right to behave in the way he does. He has no right to hold data on me either. Simples[/QUOTE]

Mark,agree with what you are saying,give him a week or so then hopefully he will clarify the situation publicly on here,which IMO is the way forward

Who is going to be taken off the UK400 rankings

I am busy upgrading the list database to incorporate all 704 BOURC Life Lists published in the public domain on Bubo, and there will be a new row alongside the UK400 Club list, so that both lists can fall alongside each other. So, if you want your BOURC life list included, please email me your respective totals. If your list is already in the public domain and has been personally uploaded, it is not an issue in terms of the Act.

Lee,

A recent email from you said that you were NOT going to take me off the UK400 rankings.

If I wanted a UK400 list it would be on Bubo because that is where my detailed lists are. I do not wish to keep a UK400 list so please take me off the rankings.

I hope at the same time you remove the other 50 or so birders who have made the same request by email, in person and BF. Some have made several requests over a number of years.

In your email you said you intend to use my BOURC/IRC list on Bubo to work out my UK400 list. As the UK400 list is a much larger list that means we are back to the original issue, albeit reduced, that for some birds its either:
a guess;
get information from someone;
witness it yourself.

Many Thanks

Steve

Hi Lee. I noticed in one of your emails that you referred to the uk400 club as the IQ40 club - I presume this was a joke!! I did in fact smile - well briefly!!

I might consider joining the IQ40 club - some people think I am already a paid up member!!!! I can think of several other prospective members!! It might be a way of increasing you readership significantly.

I know that you find compromise on this issue difficult. I also realise that this stuff has become more that a bit sour for everybody involved.

As I have indicated on more than one ocaision that the matter can be resolved provided that the revised information is made public.

I am happy to have a dialogue on the matter on the basis that all discussions are civil. Hope that helps.

Hope we can sort this stuff out ASAP.

Cheers.

Lee wake up,not everyone believes in fairy storys script, is come clean,and talk to be the people who want to be removed from,the unofficial listnd,and if they request that,DO IT. Then and only then the young kids will come forward,you throgh this thread have shown your true colours,birders of today and the up and coming birders dont need your additude or nasty bitterness Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back