• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (114 Viewers)

Osprey still performing well. perched up with small roach on Flashes. Redstart seen on fence to right of hide flying down the hedge to gate

What kind of fish is the Osprey favouring, has anyone noticed?

The fish in Britsbabe's excellent photo above appears to be a Rudd. I've seen it catch a couple of these.

Apparently, it also took a Bream yesterday.

BTW. I happened to see an Osprey in flight this morning near Malvern!

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I last signed on here! John, the warden asked me to post one of my Opsrey images that I took today at the car park pool, so here it is.

I told you that was a great shot Julie, brilliant. Possibly the be best of many great shots of the bird.B :) john

some pics from this morning

(osprey caught a fish from the north moors pool around 7am - back around 9.30am but was chased off by a pair of jackdaws. the three young swans on the moors had a go at flying - unsuccessfully)

Attachments

• osprey.jpg
    osprey.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 96
  • wigeon.jpg
    wigeon.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 99
  • lapwing.jpg
    lapwing.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 57
  • mute swan.jpg
    mute swan.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 53
  • bhg.JPG
    bhg.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Pics from yesterday
1. the muddy areas after 2 cm has been dropped off since 12th Sept. Although the 'saucer' - middle left has dropped dramatically it is still supporting a good number of waders. The best areas fo feeding are along the narrow strip of mud along the east shore of the 2nd flash, in front of the sewage works and the delta area to the right of the hide. The channel in front of the hide (hide channel) is still providing good photographic opportunities of teal, snipe and green sands.
2. hawker sp at hen pool
3. darter sp at hen pool
4. my osprey while standing next to Julie at the north moors car park, with bridge camera. pays your money takes your choice .
Des\what are the dragons?

Attachments

• 1.saucer and central at .38 waterlevel.JPG
    1.saucer and central at .38 waterlevel.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 3.hawker sp (3).JPG
    3.hawker sp (3).JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 4.darter sp (3).JPG
    4.darter sp (3).JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 5.osprey north moors (2).JPG
    5.osprey north moors (2).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
some more pics from today

(four mute swans dropped in to the moors today but were quickly seen off by the pair with three young - there was also one in the seperate pool to the left of the east hide, making a maximum count of ten while i was there)

Attachments

• shoveler.jpg
    shoveler.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 62
  • wigeon.jpg
    wigeon.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 79
  • bhg.jpg
    bhg.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 63
  • chiffchaff.jpg
    chiffchaff.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 77
  • osprey + jackdaw.jpg
    osprey + jackdaw.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 102
Elephant Hawk Moth

I saw a friend tonight who told me that he photographed the caterpillar of an Elephant Hawk Moth at the end of last week at the Moors. He said it was about 6 inches long and only identified it when he got home to check his books. I have little knowledge of moths myself so do not know if this record is worthy of note?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back