• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (25 Viewers)

Another 13 Waxwings today, dropping down to munch grapes in a nearby garden. Numbers still lower than usual, but seen a half dozen small flocks in the last week now.

Some pics from Thursday

Attachments

• LTT'S.jpg
    LTT'S.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 90
  • Fieldfare Flock (800x533) (2).jpg
    Fieldfare Flock (800x533) (2).jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Fieldfare (2).jpg
    Fieldfare (2).jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 65
Today has again been dominated by Goldfinches which appear daily in large numbers with Chaffinch in second place as per RICHAT's observations on an earlier post
Today visitors include:
Wood Pigeons, Collard doves, Tree sparrows ,Jackdaws,Crow,Blue Tits ,Great Tits and a single Coal Tit which appeared as the light was fading later in the afternoon.

Goldfinches here too naturally, plus chaffinches, greenfinches (2 male), bramblings (2 male), blue (4), great (2) and coal tits (1), wood pigeon, collared dove, starling, pied wagtail, magpie (2 bathing as usual), blackbirds, dunnocks, robin, r/r parakeets (2) and song thrush. Redwings present in neighbouring trees.

Snow melting throughout a mainly sunny day.

BS Excellent to have tree sparrows. I've not seen one for ages.

Last edited:
With in a few hours of my new seed feeder being up i had a great tit feeding of it VERY happy i was!

Superb:)

My garden with the snow now retreating back into the soil has had many Blackbirds feeding and squabbling in there normal excited manner, Collared doves and tons of sparrows.

Also getting the odd Fat ball assassin group of starlings stop by for a good feed usually resulting in the swift execution of 4 fatballs. :t:

Cheers
KarpmanB :)

Great Tit population inside my kitchen going up and up - open the door and a whole bunch fly in now!

Minus 13, fresh snow, still my chums popping into the kitchen. Five or six zooming in and out today. A few photographs...

Going in, going out, sat on the kitchen table...

Attachments

• Great Tit Visitor garden 1.jpg
    Great Tit Visitor garden 1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Great Tit Visitor garden 2.jpg
    Great Tit Visitor garden 2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Great Tit Visitor garden 3.jpg
    Great Tit Visitor garden 3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Jos, is it simply the very low temperatures that lure your birds to feed indoors? or are they like this all year.... whichever, it is truly incredible.

some really good images and videos on this thread, its very lively on here now to say the least .... great stuff

CB I havent seen more than 8 Redpolls together for a few days, so the 10+ maybe another flock in the area..... I hope so.

coldest night and morning so far, -14! couldnt even hammer through the ice on the bird bath, and boiling water just sat on top, good numbers of redwing in my area with a fair few flying oover. c5 Blackbird, c12 Greenfinch, c6 Chaffinch, 3 Robin. :t:

Enjoyed your video. SeacroftBirder.

Not sure if there were Redwings or not, too much snow and too far away. I have not seen them over the weekend either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back