• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

What's your favorite bird song? (1 Viewer)

WoodpeckerMaster

Well-known woodpecker
United States
Some bird songs are beautiful, some are rather not. Some tend to make our ears bleed... (cough cough, European Starling) but there's usually one we love to hear. I really love the Zapata Wren. I've never heard it in person, but heard recordings. Give it a listen, it's so subtly calming. What are all of yours?

Ries

Netherlands
I love the soft gentleness of bullfinches and can admire the virtuoso verocity of icterine and marsh warblers. Of course blackbird is a beautiful singer and welcome morning herald.

qwerty5

United States
Some bird songs are beautiful, some are rather not. Some tend to make our ears bleed... (cough cough, European Starling) but there's usually one we love to hear. I really love the Zapata Wren. I've never heard it in person, but heard recordings. Give it a listen, it's so subtly calming. What are all of yours?
Wood Thrush, it sounds so otherworldly, like a sound too beautiful for earth's atmosphere. Baltimore Oriole is also very beautiful. American Goldfinch is not so much beautiful, as very interesting to listen to.

Ian Byrnes

I love the Yellowhammer....it heralds Spring to Summer. Beautiful & what a beautiful bird to.

Attachments

• _DSC0199~2.jpg
    _DSC0199~2.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 7

pbjosh

missing the neotropics
Switzerland
Rufous-and-white Wren
any Schiffornis
Straw-headed Bulbul
Musician Wren

Also partial to a huge number of Antbird and Babbler songs