• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Spring migrants have you seen? (1 Viewer)

Crazy migration day in Northern Corsica today !
New species for the year are European Roller (2), Squacco Heron (4), Red Footed Falcon (1), Common Ringed Plover and...Great Snipe ! A lifer for me, I saw only one but apparently up to 4 individuals were in the wet meadows !

As soon as I arrived on the beach, I knew it would be a great day (despite the rain) : dozens of Northern Wheatears and Whinchats were feeding on the beach with a few Yellow Wagtails, Red Throated Pipits and...Great Reed Warblers feeding on the ground out in the open !

Common Swift yesterday and Whimbrel numbers are temporarily increasing. Still a few undeparted Redshanks about, but I'm missing what for me is the sound of the creek. 7 Yellow Wagtail this morning - numbers seem down, but hopefully the're just arrving late.

I saw Cyprus Wheatear in the garden last week for the first time this year and today, I spotted that a female, is building a nest in a cavity in a palm tree in our garden.

I saw Cyprus Wheatear in the garden last week for the first time this year and today, I spotted that a female, is building a nest in a cavity in a palm tree in our garden.
Nice Andy. Here in the Alps Cuckoo have arrived, saw one distantly early today and heard another this afternoon!

In the last week I have seen swallows and a redstart, and also heard a cuckoo.
There have been a few sightings of hoopoe in SE Sweden. Very rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back