• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why should I want to know your life/UK/patch list? (3 Viewers)

Steve that's excellent. I've just been into options and removed the need to see signatures and avatars, and now feel like a weight has been lifted of my shoulders. Excellent piece of advice,

Thanks

Oh i see, you block us out, but make us look at yours. Im starting to see where J C's coming from now. lolB :)

Mick,

Just because you asked so nicely .... my lists are as follows -

Life List 693 - blimey, I never realised I was so close to 700! As about the most least well travelled (Europe & USA only) birder I know of my vintage I'm surprised it's this high!

European List - 464 - mainly garnered on family holidays.

Spanish List - 256 - as the only one on a spread sheet, it's the only one whose accuracy I'd guarantee! Some embarrasssing omissions here too as, once again, it largely reflects holidays taken with my wife rather full-on birding jaunts,

And if you knew how many recounts were involved in the first two totals you'd appreciate why I don't usually bother, Mick!

John

Bugger me john, i feel a total failure now. Yours is much bigger than mine. And that's something no man wants to know!:-C You've a list to be proud of, a master of birding. Now i know your an experienced birder, i can take on board everything you say and advise.

Can we also assume there 'is' a place for lists? as it can give us an insight into your knowledge.3:)

Its all coming out now look at the precision of John's lists, I reckon he's really a closet lister frustrated with those unashamed listers.

Precision? Who said anything about precision? If you actually read what I said you'd know that I don't make any great claim of being precise - quite the contrary! Anyhow, as I made clear from the outset I have absolutely no problem with folks keeping lists, merely the incessant trumpetting of them to all and sundry,

John

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back