• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (12 Viewers)

From last birding trip (22 days, C & W Andes + Magdalena Valley + a bit of E Andes around Bogota) with clients from US: Wattled Guan, endemic Blue-billed Curassow, Black-and-chestnut Eagle, finally seen Cloud-forest Pygmy-Owl!, endemic Dusky Starfrontlet!!, Viridian Metaltail, endemic Grayish Piculet, Black-banded Woodcreeper, New undescribed species of Antpitta (in the W Andes), near-endemic Black-billed Flycatcher, and the endemic Chestnut-bellied Flowerpiercer!

Attachments

• 4305186092_7eb39998a2_o.jpg
    4305186092_7eb39998a2_o.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 81
  • 4305189176_ab0ba54fd1_o.jpg
    4305189176_ab0ba54fd1_o.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 4305189860_f2018ae195_o.jpg
    4305189860_f2018ae195_o.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 4305191376_c6f61980d1_o.jpg
    4305191376_c6f61980d1_o.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Attachments

• 4305189860_f2018ae195_o.jpg
    4305189860_f2018ae195_o.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 4305189710_e7bc91da24_o.jpg
    4305189710_e7bc91da24_o.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 68
On the fourth try, found the Glaucous Gull in Stockholm today. Bit far away so I only got some record shots, but I'm still really happy. :)

Attachments

• vittrut.jpg
    vittrut.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 84
The Village Indigobird (Male and Female) on 5th of February in Nguuni Sanctuary in Mombasa.

Regards Frank

Attachments

• Village Indigobird.jpg
    Village Indigobird.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 73
Meadow Pipit - I ringed one (of two we caught) yesterday.

I started writing a reply when I saw you'd posted this earlier but really didn't know how to word it without appearing to be taking the mick - which I most definitely am not!

How can I say this... I'm fascinated that a ringer (by which is presumably a birder of long experience) hadn't seen a Meadow Pipit as I'd thought, from little knowledge, that they were a very common and widespread bird. Are there places around the country where you don't really see them? Have they been a 'bogey bird' for you? Nuthatch was mine until only last month.

I really like Meadow Pipits (fantastic little bird) but although there are quite a lot of them near my house I have never seen one close up so am really jealous that you got your first view of one at a ringing! :t:

GREAT GREY SHRIKE

yes, I know that this isn't the most difficult bird to see, but after ten years of missing them by a hair's breadth, I finally got mine this morning! I now firmly believe in karma, as it was in the atlas square that I've just volunteered to follow for the LPO.

cheers Jonny, it had gone beyond just a bogey - it was a curse on me! Now it's been lifted, I feel so much better! Especially as other stuff today included hawfinches, a white stork, watching peregrines at the breeding site and listening to an eagle owl calling at dusk.

Saw three common redpolls yesterday, lifers, they were across the way from my feeder, showed no interest at all in it.

This has been a very strange winter here, the mildest in recent memory, the black capped chickadees are already doing their spring song, absolutely zero finches or juncos, two species which are usually very common.

Anticipating what's next.;)

Last birding trip to Van Ban Nature Reserve in Northern Vietnam (not far from Sapa). This place is supposed to hold still the largest bits of forest in Northern Vietnam, we did not manage to get to really good forest though, because this would have required several days walk and overnight in the forest and we were not prepared for that. Still got 16 lifers, mostly in grassland, scrub and bamboo:
Jerdon's Bushchat, Striated Grassbird, Brownish-Flanked Bushwarbler, Slaty-bellied Tesia, Yellow-bellied and Rufous-faced Warbler, Hwamei (finally, after having seen hundreds in cages), White-browed Laughingthrush, Streaked Wren Babbler, Spot-breasted and Streak-breasted Scimitar Babbler, Spectacled Barwing, Grey-cheecked Fulvetta, Black-chinned Yuhina, Spot-breasted Parrotbill and Crested Bunting.
Florian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back