• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (9 Viewers)

huh...I must have forgotten to update this

At any rate my last lifer was Audubon's Oriole at Salineo (or however it's spelled :) )

In the two days leading up to that I also managed to add Northern Jacana, White-collared Seedeater, Roadside Hawk, and Cassin's Sparrow, as well as getting my "re-lifer" Field Sparrow and Northern Bobwhite.

This weekend I am hoping for "Pacific" Wren, Black Scoter, King Eider, and Rock Sandpiper in Washington.

Mine was a Red-legged Honeycreeper (male), last Friday, outside my apartment in Panama city. Apparently this is a common bird to be seen around the city... It was a very pleasing sight!

Just moved to this country and am hoping to add many more birds to my list! :)

Ceci

I got my first Northern Shrike today, a complete surprise and made my day. One of the neat things about it is that while I was looking at it, I thought "I wonder if that is a shrike...." It was unconsciously stored in my brain somewhere, a result of many evenings just looking through books. It was a thrill to look it up and find that I was right, and to realize the benefit of a slow and steady familiarization with the whole bird world whether or not one expects to see whatever. I had also made a diagram and notes although my artistic abilities are absolutely horrid - it helped greatly when I got home and dug out my Sibley's.

He had a really great repertoire as well. :t:

Bridled Honeyeater

Last lifer was at Mount Hypipamee National Park, as it started raining on the way back to our car - the bridled honeyeater paused under wet leaves.
No. 538 for my Australia list.

Finally went for Eagle Owl yesterday. Heard it almost as soon as I stepped out of the car... well that was easy!

Sounds like a pretty good place for them then Enji. :t:

At Maldon on Wednesday saw a single Knot down near the seawall, didn't expect to see one there at all and I had to look it up in my guidebooks when I got home and post a photo on here to check the ID. Was glad I went, first time I've been there since I took up birdwatching but I'll be back more often now as it seems a really good area!

I took 24 hours to run down to Ocean Shores, Washington, from my research trip to Seattle (where I am ensconced at the moment). Great trip, 4 lifers including Pacific Wren (ok, I can't add it yet but will be able to this summer), Rock Sandpiper, Black Scoter, and a stray King Eider.

Last lifers from a recent trip to Lao: Pied Falconet, Moustached Barbet, Hainan Blue Flycatcher, Chestnut-bellied Nuthatch, Rufous-fronted Babbler, Bare-faced Bulbul, Sooty Babbler and Red-collared Woodpecker (hard work this one). New for me in Asia: House Sparrow. And a really great sight, a whole family of Lao Langurs.

Great trip! Hanno will soon post a detailed report (I guess including lots of details on beer consumed) on his website: http://www.hannostamm/trip_reports.htm

got my fair share of life birds yesterday on a whistle stop tour of Norfolk with a couple of BF members.

3 Golden Pheasant
Gadwall pair
1000s Dark Bellied Brent Geese
30+ Snow Bunting
Glaucaus Gull

american bittern

Most recent was actually last year. It was an American Bittern that had visited my small pond in front of my house. Went down for a walk one day and there were two eyes looking at me from 15 feet. slowly walked bachward and went and got my camera. very photogenic and a great life lister.

Great White Egret.

Hadn't managed to run into this species in the UK before, so it was an itch I needed to scratch. Also, this bird enabled me to legitimise a tick I accidentally put next to the species in my new Collins paperback last week - so relief on more than one front.

at long last, a Crane - I temporarily forgot how to drive as we went by, luckily I instinctively came off the road in a layby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back