• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (15 Viewers)

Stunning Juvenile Rough legged Buzzard at Burnham Norton, Norfolk this saturday. Sat on a post for about an hour. Stunning bird, (I may have mentioned;)) There are very record shots on my blog.
cheers

Latest lifer for me was Slavonian Grebe. Spotted 2 yesterday on the sea from Salthouse. Not particularly uncommon in Norfolk in winter, but I did wonder when I was going to 'connect' with them. Nice that I didn't end up twitching them out of desperation though!

I think the only lifer I've even gotten on my birthday was a White-winged Scoter in '02.

The last lifer for me was the Beloit Green-breasted Mango, in September.

The Humes Warbler which has decided to make a stop off at Norton for the past week, which is less than 10 mins drive from where we live...near enough on the doorstep.

Two in the space of seconds on Saturday at Durlston County Park; Guillemot and fulmar. I think the more I get into this the more difficult it will be to tick them off, but hopefully that wil be part of the fun.

My first "life" bird was today! This little fat round bird (bowling-ball bird) was wandering around the office where I work part-time and he was out in the snow for about 6 hours. Finally, I called the Wildlife Center to see what they thought about it, they said to catch him and bring him in. (he couldn't hardly fly) So i finally caught him and took him there and when I called to check on him they said he was a Chukar Partridge! That explains why I've never seen one before, they're from out west, like Utah, but this poor little guy was in Ohio! He was so cute though, I wanted to keep him!

had three recently, Slavonian grebe at Chasewater, Long eared Owl near Stoke and Great Grey Shrike on the Staffordshire Moors

I've had plenty of birthday lifers in the past, as it would be a birthday treat to go birdwatching, my last was the Black Stork on Anglesey on the 2nd of August

Oi Ads,

There was no need for that, just cos you have your head stuck inside a crocodile. Next time i hope it closes its mouth (not really mate!)

Anyway update now - White Crowned Sparrow at Cley

Purple Sandpiper. It took three trips over three years to Barnegat Lighthouse Park, NJ before finally getting it. It should not have been this hard.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back