• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (10 Viewers)

Gray Catbird - Boone, N.C. Recognized immediately due to seeing it posted on the forum.

Last edited:
Just got 90 lifers out of last 2 sundays birding! Whaa, it's just phantasic to hit a new continent!
Work trip in Nicaragua, managed only to sneak out for these 2 sundays, but made the best out of it.
Last lifer was Band-backed Wren. Which was the best one out the 90, no idea, so many great birds here!
Florian

Three lifers since April's migration:~
Little crake ,Spotted crake and today a Terek sandpiper.

Attachments

• lc27a.jpg
    lc27a.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN4297.jpg
    DSCN4297.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 48
  • terek 23.jpg
    terek 23.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 48

Attachments

• Endemic Sooty-capped Puffbird - Bucco noanamae 5 - Bocas del Atrato, Choco.JPG
    Endemic Sooty-capped Puffbird - Bucco noanamae 5 - Bocas del Atrato, Choco.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Endemic Sooty-capped Puffbird - Bucco noanamae 8 - Bocas del Atrato, Choco.JPG
    Endemic Sooty-capped Puffbird - Bucco noanamae 8 - Bocas del Atrato, Choco.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Bare-throated Tiger-Heron - Tigrisoma mexicanum 3 - Bocas del Atrato, Choco.JPG
    Bare-throated Tiger-Heron - Tigrisoma mexicanum 3 - Bocas del Atrato, Choco.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 55
My last lifer was one of the rarest Colombian endemics!... Sooty-capped Puffbird we found at a reliable easy to visit place!...
Also Bare-throated Tiger-Heron was new for me there...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/colombia_birding_diego/sets/72157630585392348/

Nice one Diego!

For those who arent so familiar with Colombian birds, the fact that Diego, (a guide who spends loads of time in the field) is just getting this one as a lifer when he already has most of the Colombian endemics shows how inaccessible this species has been.

Nice one Diego!

For those who arent so familiar with Colombian birds, the fact that Diego, (a guide who spends loads of time in the field) is just getting this one as a lifer when he already has most of the Colombian endemics shows how inaccessible this species has been.

indeed Patrick.. this species is basically been lost for loads of time and then the few places where it is been recorded have suffered of political instability so impossible to get there to see the bird.. now we found a very very easy and accessible, safe, place what is such a grand thing to have handy!

The complete photo/video set at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/colombia_birding_diego/sets/72157630585392348/

and...

I have been "on holiday," or the more drab word - vacation, and have had the privilege of birding for several days in a row, so here goes:

Black-chinned Hummingbird

Broad-tailed Hummingbird

American White Pelican

Double-crested Cormorant

Western Screech Owl

Common Nighthawk

Sadly my free time has expired and I return to the daily grind this afternoon at 1:30 pm. Oh well.

John

montezuma oropendola, i saw a lot of them in a tree on the rio dulce in guatemala. ever since i saw them in a bird book i had always wanted to see the colorful oddly shaped icterid. i was amazed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back