• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (8 Viewers)

Happy birthday...

Got penduline tit yesterday. Been to the right places for the last 5 years and not connected so choughed to bits. Self found - on call to begin with. Aiming fir some more in the ebro over the next week or so - depending when i can escape........

I ticked a mega lifer last night- Unspotted Saw-whet Owl on Turrialba Volcano in Costa Rica. This might be the toughest regularly occurring resident species to see in the country so I was very pleased!

At last. I got the bird I have been after for a while. Citril Finch. Seen and photographed in Spain at the Pla De la Font Mountain Refuge in the Aigüestortes National Park: (East Sou and Jou Itinerary) in the eastern side of the Pyrennes.

Also saw my first European Lammergeier here as well.

John

Last edited:
I'm on 530 now.

Added these 5 on a trip to Joshua Tree NP in California over a 3 day period:
Cactus Wren
Rock Wren
Gambel's Quail
California Thrasher
Townsend's Solitaire (certainly not typical here)

Unfortunately no Verdin, Ladder-back Woodpecker, BT sparrow or BT Gnatcatcher.

and...

long time looking for this one. A sharp-shinned hawk. Caught her moving from one grove of trees to another. Nice open area in between, so plenty of room to catch more than a glimpse.

john

Eastern Yellow Wagtail at Knuckey near Darwin. Poss last Northern Territory birding day as pack up house and drive 3000km to Cairns next week with three children in the car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back