• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (10 Viewers)

Congrats, Diego, on those two species you really wanted to see!

One of these days I am going to get my Bohemian Waxwing (really not that difficult for most people, but it has been evading me for quite some time now)!

World #4443 Red-cheeked Wattle-eye (Aweta, Ghana 29.11.12)

The final one of my 33 lifers on a 15 day Ashanti African Tours trip guided by William Aprahu and Paul Mensah. Others included the magical Yellow-headed Picathartes, Nkulengu Rail, Spot-breasted Ibis and Hartlaub's Duck.

Steve

I love that wattle-eye. Beautiful bird. Not that the picathartes is a slouch.

But we missed the rail and the ibis on our tour. Ah well. A reason to go back.

Last edited:
Congrats, Diego, on those two species you really wanted to see!

One of these days I am going to get my Bohemian Waxwing (really not that difficult for most people, but it has been evading me for quite some time now)!

Thanks Larry..
indeed, those 'nemesis' birds keep you busy ;-) ie. after getting my Scaled Fruiteater, now I can't stop thinking on White-faced Nunbird!!

The Lovebird was ABA #612 for me, but I "officially" already had it on my lifelist when it was accepted by the Arizona checklist committee

A much wanted addition in the form of the bullet that is White-throated Needletail shooting across the road this morning.
:t:

So ABA finally accepted Nanday/Black-hooded. I was about to write an essay on why it should be included as well! It's doing very well around here in the Malibu State Park area and it has been doing so for many years.

Lewis' Woodpecker was a nice addition. Saw a few fly over the distance (ID by photo; dark green, bright red head) early in the morning. Been wanting this one for a while.

One definite Lifer yesterday at the Queen Mother's reservoir in Berkshire with the confiding Buff-bellied Pipit and a possible Armchair tick for the future with the Hornemann's Arctic Redpoll seen also yesterday at Aldeburgh in Suffolk. Below are a few photos of those birds.

John

Attachments

• Hornemann's Arctic Redpoll 8523.jpg
    Hornemann's Arctic Redpoll 8523.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Hornemann's Arctic Redpoll 8532.jpg
    Hornemann's Arctic Redpoll 8532.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Hornemann's Arctic Redpoll 8611.jpg
    Hornemann's Arctic Redpoll 8611.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 37
  • American Buff-bellied Pipit 8745.jpg
    American Buff-bellied Pipit 8745.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 41
  • American Buff-bellied Pipit 8761.jpg
    American Buff-bellied Pipit 8761.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 40
I had three new birds for me yesterday:
Two long-tailed ducks at Abbotsbury Swannery
Two velvet scoters in Portland Harbour
A great northern diver in Portland Harbour

Also a short-eared owl and snow bunting.

One definite Lifer yesterday at the Queen Mother's reservoir in Berkshire with the confiding Buff-bellied Pipit and a possible Armchair tick for the future with the Hornemann's Arctic Redpoll seen also yesterday at Aldeburgh in Suffolk. Below are a few photos of those birds.

John

Same as....two cracking birds that seem completely relaxed around all the birders....right little stars!B :)

Went out in my local housing estate this morning and on a vacant lot full of bushes and weeds saw what I thought was a stonechat,very common here.and when I got the glasses on it it turned out to be a white spot bluethroat a first for me.I have seen red spot before and was I pleased with this. Eddy.

My most recent life bird was a juvenile Bohemian Waxwing today. Because I was in my university city I did not have binoculars or camera at my disposal but I went anyway. Lucky for me there were a few other birders present and I got the opportunity to look at it with someone else's scope, what a stunning bird!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back