• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (1 Viewer)

White-winged Crossbill, last week in St. Joseph, Missouri :t:. And a nice milestone bird- #600 for the ABA area for me! (2604 world)

Almost had Purple Sandpiper in Oklahoma a few days ago... but the darned thing flew away an hour before I got there :-C

White-winged Crossbill, last week in St. Joseph, Missouri :t:. And a nice milestone bird- #600 for the ABA area for me! (2604 world)

Almost had Purple Sandpiper in Oklahoma a few days ago... but the darned thing flew away an hour before I got there :-C

Been there! "A day (hour) late and a dollar short."

White Wagtail at Cabrillo Beach (near Long Beach), California. I don't know how many have been seen in California but almost certainly less than 5 or 6.

The little-inspiring Cinereous-breasted Spinetail after a NE-Brazil trip with nearly 160 lifers that included the expected Araripe Manakin, Lear's Macaw and Hooded Visorbearer and the less-expected Ash-throated Casiornis, Chestnut-capped Foliage-gleaner (a new site for this off-the-beaten-track species in an area on the tour group trail!) and Uniform Crake (good views!)
Trip report due some time this quarter...

Just spent a weekend at Poyang Hu in China. I picked up 8 lifers: White-browed Laughingthrush, Hooded Crane, Japanese Quail, Siberian Crane, Lesser White-fronted Goose, Japanese Swamp-warbler, Chestnut-eared Bunting, and Pallas' Bunting.

On 01/06/2013 at Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park in Gainesville, Florida:
Bell's Vireo (eastern race).

I have never been at this species breeding range during the breeding season thus my first one is a wintering bird, first record for Alachua County (another birder had found it, I just twitched it).

Dalcio Dacol

Another great morning on the Atherton Tablelands with three lifers among host of goodies. Lifers were Scarlet Honeyeater, Golden Whistler and Yellow throated Scrubwren.

Bridled Tern while whale watching off Mirissa, Sri Lanka. The last of 35 lifers for me in Sri Lanka, including all endemics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back