• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (11 Viewers)

Actually my most recent lifer was a Torrent Duck in SFF Otún Quimbaya but just before that last week had a mega mega lifer of Andean Condor in the Los Nevados National Natural Park!

Attachments

• Andean Condor 1.jpg
    Andean Condor 1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 48
Following strong winds over the last couple of days dragged the children onto the beach at 0730 this morning and in the next couple of hours saw at least two GREAT FRIGATEBIRD in with a group of 49 Lesser and a single adult SOOTY TERN

Today's lifer was a bittern. Finally!

It was showing very well by the standards of bitterns, i.e. I found it almost impossible to see and I had a few moments of mild panic while staring at a reedbed thinking "There's nothing there. How come everyone else can see a bittern in there?" Once I'd figured out which shadows were actually the bird, it was a cracker.

Hah

With all the amazing birds you have seen that most of us only dream of, I admit I find it amusing your latest lifer is a Sora :p

jeje, I know.. been trying to get them long time ago every year in/near Bogota without succeeding... maybe too much time invested in Hooded Antpittas, Sooty-capped Puffbirds, Yellow-headed Manakins, white-sand forest specialties, etc etc etc has let me without enough time for these neat migrants!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back