• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (4 Viewers)

My last lifer was a Purple Gallinule on 13 September 2013 in Belle Glade, FL, USA, but the day before I had another lifer that made quite an impression.

The Florida Scrub-Jay in Cape Coral, FL. There was a little flock of about 4 that came out of the brush and landed on my car and yes, on my hat. I had heard of this behaviour with these birds, but witnessing it first hand was wonderful. These were wild birds, not in a park or near a feeder. They are just curious and bold. They are now one of my favourite birds! (Yes, that is a long list).

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    335.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2971_2.jpg
    IMG_2971_2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 47
Today. Glossy Ibis. Doffcocker, Bolton. UK. Thanks to the fellow birder who shared his scope. Ray&Lynn

Last edited:
Philadelphia Vireo in the trees at Legg Lake, Whittier Narrows Recreation Area, South El Monte yesterday. (Also present, but not lifers, were a Black-and-white and Tennessee Warbler, for three eastern vagrants at one location.)

2 lifers in 2 days

Mourning Dove on the Isle of Rum & Hermit Thrush at Porthgwarra, Cornwall.

John

Last edited:
532 Water Rail in Paderborn Germany, at the Padersee, a very well visited lake. It was moving about under vegatation on the shore

I had a really good day today with two new species. The first was the Red-breasted Goose that has been with a flock of Brent Geese at Sturt Pond in Hampshire and the second was a Red-necked Grebe at Portland Harbour in Dorset this afternoon.

I do,
some will be from more than one country obviously, but my Europe lists are as follows

Denmark 33
Germany 179
Spain(Mallorca) 103
UK 102

My UK list is short because I have only been back twice to go birding
Edit

I've just counted the birds first seen in europe from my lifelist. Its 244

Last edited:
Baird's Sandpiper, Hälsingland, Sweden last Sunday. Wonderful views of a beautiful little wader! We were standing by the shore watching it feeding with some Dunlins, and then it flew closer and closer, not bothered by us at all. So nice! I think it was the 9th find for Sweden.
Here are some digiscoped pics of it. :)

Attachments

• gulbröstad3.JPG
    gulbröstad3.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 48
  • gulbröstad4.JPG
    gulbröstad4.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back