• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (5 Viewers)

green winged teal yesterday at inner marsh farm. got little egret there as a life bird aswell, absolute cracker.

lol i never ment cracker as in rare i ment cracker as in i had good views and really enjoyed seeing it, although you probably really enjoyed seeing the scops!

lvn600 said:
Bay-Breasted Warbler, Evening Grosbeak, Lincoln's Sparrow, Cliff Swallow, Blue-headed Vireo, Gray Jay, Rusty Blackbird, and Alder Flycatcher all seen on 6/13/06 in Pittsburg New Hampshire.-2 I didn't see that I had hoped to were Boreal Chickadee and Black-backed Woodpecker.
Eight "lifers" in one day! Way to go!

Larry Lade said:
Eight "lifers" in one day! Way to go!
-I was lucky enough to run in to some nice Massachusetts birders who new the area and helped me out. I was actually on a fishing trip but managed to break away for a full day's birding.

My most recent life bird, as said in my signature, is an orchard oriole (one male, several females), early June (don't recall the exact date) 2006, Pickerington Ponds Metro Park. (Also seen on that same day, in the same park, a Forster's tern (Sterna forsteri))

My latest lifer was Herald Petrel, first seen on a pelagic trip off Cape Hatteras, North Carolina on August 5, 2006. I went out two days in a row, and saw a light morph Herald Petrel on the first day and a dark morph on the second day (August 6). A very rare bird for North America, especially two days in a row, and especially a light morph bird.

Dave

Last edited:
Tody Motmot last May

Actually not the last, but one of the 20 or 30 I ticked in Guatemala last May. Also such notables as Black-Capped Swallow, Bushy-crested Jay, Azure-crowned Hummingbird, Grey Silky, and Spot-breasted Oriole. We dipped on the Horned Guan and Azure-rumped Tanager, though. Oh well - we'll just have to go back!

Hope to get a few more ticks in Colombia next week, too.

Today:American Oystercatcher, Semipalmated Plover,Willet,Black-bellied Plover, Sanderling, Short-billed Dowitcher, Semipalmated Sandpiper, and Laughing Gull.-Seen at Milford Point and Sandy Point in CT. -It was at an introductory shorebirding field trip.

Ive just recently taken a liking to seawatching, so ive had a fair few lifers in the past few days. Todays was a group of gull billed terns, off Cley beach in Norfolk. Also saw Common Scoters and a group of Eiders (also lifers)

J Moss said:
Ive just recently taken a liking to seawatching, so ive had a fair few lifers in the past few days. Todays was a group of gull billed terns, off Cley beach in Norfolk. Also saw Common Scoters and a group of Eiders (also lifers)

Do you mean Sandwich terns ? A "group " of gull-billed terns would be a bit more than outstanding off Cley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back