• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (8 Viewers)

Hotspur said:
Roseate Tern on Filey Brigg, N. Yorkshire

Me too, James!?!?!?

Last Sunday, after the Brid RSPB cruise. Juvenile, half way out the Brigg on the right. He hadn't been sitting there 3 weeks, had he?

It's a big county, but a small world!

Graham

End of last week one Whimbrel. Two days ago five Curlews in a radius of 200m on a large field with draining ditches.

Last edited:
bearded tit tichwell rspb 25/9/06
red backed shrike blackney fresh? 26/9/06
great skua cley marsh(north scrape)26/9/06
you just gotta love norfolk

Siberian Rubythroat, Blue-throated Flycatcher are my lifers in campus yesterday.
Rufous-bellied Niltava, Snowy-browed Flycatcher, Brown-breasted Flycatcher, Siberian Blue Robin, White-tailed Robin, Chestnut-crowned Warbler are new birds in 2006 at the same time.

Last edited:
Ducorp's Cockatoo/Solomon Islands Corella (Cacatua ducorpsii) - September 22, Buka Island, Autonomous Region of Bougainville, Papua New Guinea.

The species gives a crow-like, two-syllable call -- quite different from the horrible shrieks of its relative on mainland NG.

Last edited:
all on the 30/09/2006. Juv. Woodchat shrike just before that, short toed lark, and earlyer in the day, little stint.

Black-Throated-Blue male. About 8:30am a month ago. I saw it with my brother. It was awesome! It was picking at a devils walking stick. I heard them everywhere in Kejimkujik, Nova Scotia while being eaten alive but never saw them. I’m a rookie though... :flyaway:

A bounch of lifers seen on a visit to Umboi two days ago, I added more than 20 new species to the list then.

Last one was a adult male, Slaty-mantled Sparrowhawk flying over a small banana plantation.

A Swan!

Having seen Spoon-billed Sandpiper, Nordmann's Greenshank and Gurney's Pitta regularly whilst living in Thailand, my last lifer was the relatively common Bewick's Swan in February this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back