• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (11 Viewers)

An American, I have been in Hungary the last year and am learning European birds. I am just back from my first trip to Sicilia and the Mediterranean which was an amazing place to visit and bird in early Spring. 2 days ago, I climbed from Cefalu to the ruins of a Norman fortification on the high cliffs overlooking the city. On the way, I saw 3 life species: Crag Martins, Alpine Swifts and a couple of Blue Rock Thrushes. It was a wonderful day.

Had a good 3 days last week, with lifers on each day;

15/03/2007 - 1 Wimbrel on Farlington Marsh.
16/03/2007 - 1 Goshawk, flying south over Blackwater Arbouretum.
17/03/2007 - 7 Jack Snipe on Farlington Marsh, during a Snipe count.

:D

Jason

Had a fabulous trip to Ethiopia last month in which I saw so many spectacular birds, many of them endemic to that area (lots of pics in my gallery). Of 356 species in 12 days, 174 were lifers for me - but the last one of the trip was a rather drab and uninspiring Long-billed Pipit.

10 days in nothern New Zealand was a great experience with 50 lifers out 0f 74 spp (ignoring the introduced garbage) - nailed NZ Storm Petrel, Blue-grey Noddy, White-faced Storm Petrel and White-necked Petrel from a pelagic on day 2, and Royal Spoonbill and 1000+Wrybill at a high tide roost near Mangere Sewage Farm to close just before boarding the flight home on the last day.

Kiwis and the South Island await a future visit . . .

Last edited:
Phainopepla - Actually it was last spring but since then it has been the same old coming to the feeder and I just saw this thread. They built a nest last year, I hope they come back.

American Woodcocks - a local Audubon chapter brought me to one of their displaying grounds the Sunday before last. A very interesting experience!

Agulhas Clapper and Agulhas Long-billed Larks. Lovely birds (even if the Clapper is taxonomically contentious).
Photos on my homepage...
Cheers
Charlie

Gyr Falcon - the white morph bird at Stepper Point Cornwall 9th March. A wonderful moment for me !

Not sure I can eclipse it.

Family holiday to Mahe Seychelles inc a visit to Bird Island.

Madagascan Fody
Barred Ground Dove
Madagascan Turtle Dove
Seychelles Blue Pigeon
Seychelles Bulbul
Seychelles Sunbird
Seychelles Kestrel
Crab Plover
Saunders Tern
Less Shore Plover
Greater Shore Plover
Seychelles Cave Swiftlet