• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (12 Viewers)

Three in two days:~
Purple heron out at one of the local village marshes
Bittern on my patch
Collared flycatcher in the garden this morning.
Brilliant!!!

Attachments

• COLLARED FLYCATCHER.jpg
    COLLARED FLYCATCHER.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 62
Not a very exciting one, but finally got Brambling at the weekend. Checking every chaffinch on a walk with the in-laws in Cheshire paid dividends!

My last lifer was the globally threatened and kenyas endemic Hindes babbler,i went birding in the central kenya[Nyeri November 2006]with no expectations of having it on my checklist but there they were actually a familly of seven,their calls ,,,ever thought of chhpp-krwwk-krwwk-ke-keke-ke![do it like rapping],there you go now,exactly like that.

my last lifer was either a ringed turtle dove or a eurasian collared dove that i got while running at the track. it was foraging on the football field. Since i cant decide between the 2 species im not going to count it. So I guess my last lifer is the Caspian Tern

A few days out in Scotland with Steve Lister got me a bird I thought I would never see, Parrot Crossbill. Thanks to Steve for spotting three of the little beauties.

John

Reader said:
A few days out in Scotland with Steve Lister got me a bird I thought I would never see, Parrot Crossbill. Thanks to Steve for spotting three of the little beauties.

John

Don't mention it John - thanks for the 1816 miles driving!

Red Crossbill. Got some very good looks of some juveniles late March. Red Crossbills have been around in low numbers all winter and this was likely the last chance of the winter season to observe them. Several years before I may have seen a Red Crossbill but this sighting was unconfirmed.

A Stone-curlew today in Lincolnshire, spent 3 hours looking at the top of its head as it was sat down in grass, but then it stood up for a few minutes for a stretch and a scratch giving good views making the wait worthwhile

Mine was quite a pleasant surprise for me. While at sea on an old tug at Scarborough last year I saw my very first Gannet! And not just one, but a few flew over! We were a few miles out at sea, so I wonder where their nearest breeding site would be to Scarborough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back