• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (5 Viewers)

In the last week I have had quite a few lifers
Dartford Warbler
Pomerine Skua
Nightingale
Nightjar
Tree Pipit
Wood Lark
Garden Warbler
Hobby
Cettis Warbler
Avocet
Little Ringed Plover
Stone Curlew
Turtle Dove
and finally Little Tern

I have just got back from a very hot and dry two weeks in Lesvos where I managed one lifer. Ruppel's Warbler.

John

a week doing a survey near Hangzhou in China gave me Short-tailed Parrotbill and a quartet of Rusty Laughingthushes.

I will post more in the vacations section shortly.

Cheers
Mike

A had a nice week two weeks ago.. added to my lifelist:

Sedge Warbler
Bewick's Swan
White-winged Scoter
Stock Dove (3rd for Iceland)
Mandarin Duck
Purple Heron (2nd for Iceland)
Surf Scoter
Steller's Eider
and of course a Beluga Whale(I am told it's the 7th for Iceland. First in 70 years).. Even though that's not a bird I think it's worth mentioning.. pictures and text here: http://www.gaviatravel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=556&Itemid=26

Had Hooded and Cerulean Warblers as well as Yellow-throated Vireos yesterday at Doodletown, NY.

Temminck's Stints at Hjälstaviken yesterday. I'm fairly sure I've seen them previously but this was the first time I was 100% sure they weren't Little Stints.
Graham

Most recent life bird was a Blackburnian Warbler in the Adirondack Mountains of New York. The breeding male bird was beautiful, with the flaming orange throat.

This is #135 on my life list.

Effortless Lifer

I just moved my U.S. life list from 388 to 389, without seeing a single bird. How? Well, in March I saw a Black-crested Titmouse on my way from Houston to the Rio Grande Valley. According to my edition of Sibley, this didn't count as a lifer because it was only a sub-species of Tufted Titmouse. (They had been regarded as separate species until 2002.) Now I find that the Black-crested is once again recognized as a species!

This discovery doesn't change my 2007 list, though, because I haven't yet seen a Tufted this year. (I last saw one in October.) It's hard to believe that I have reached 185 species so far this year without seeing a Tufted. I read somewhere that West Nile Virus has reduced the number of Tufted in some areas, and I starting to think that this is true of southeast Texas.

Jeff

This week has been bril for me.

Spoonbill
Sedge Warbler
Hobby
Marsh Harrier
Linnet
Meadow Pippit
Whitethroat

This Year..
Golden Eagle
Dipper
Goosander
Treecreeper
Wheatear
Whooper Swan

Last edited:
Well, I can't be certain as I'm afraid I don't really keep a life list any more but I'm pretty sure that both Purple Heron and Bittern were lifers for me (although I may have seen bittern once before but I can't recall).

ETA: does your life list include only your home country or the whole world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back