• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (15 Viewers)

A life list can includes birds from all over the world. Many people have seperate UK, county, patch lists, etc. My life list is also my UK list, as I havent seen any birds abroad!

Jason

Last life bird was Speckled Piculet seen with a mixed flock of Babblers, etc. along the temple steps at Chiang Dao, Thailand. Wish I were there now- excellent birding!

My last one was Mourning Warbler. A bit unsatisfying, as I did not get a good look at the front, partial side view only. A birder had chased it for half an hour and seen it many times, I had 10 minutes only. So I wrote it down as a lifer, as it turned out to be #300 and I have been after one ...any one..a few weeks now. I lamost twitched a local ibis to get to 300.

2 in the last 2 days.

Tawny Owl, 11/06/07. Flew past the car at 20:00ish in Taylors Wood, south of Salthouse,Norfolk

Green Sandpiper at Cley, 12/06/07.

(also 2 Ruddy Shellducks, but, y'know)

Jason

today got pied flycatcher in a park at garmisch-partenkirchen. (im on vacattion, this is not in texas)

I just "googled" garmisch partenkirchen and found this for those of you like me who might not know where this place is.

Garmisch-Partenkirchen is a market town in Bavaria, southern Germany.

I have been to Costanera Sur Reserve in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and have seen 10 new birds, last beeing Bay-winged Cowbird (not in Costanera Sur, but still in Buenos Aires).

Hooded Siskin (Carduelis magellanica)
Masked Gnatcatcher (Polioptila dumicola)
Solitary Cacique (Cacicus solitarius)
Black-capped Warbling Finch (Poospiza melanoleuca)
Gray-necked Wood Rail (Aramides cajanea)
Black-necked Swan (Cygnus melanocoryphus)
Black-and-rufous Warbling Finch (Poospiza nigrorufa)
Coscoroba Swan (Coscoroba coscoroba)
White-rumped Swallow (Tachycineta leucorrhoa)
Bay-winged Cowbird (Agelaioides badius)

Montagu's Harrier over poppy fields in north norfolk
Yellow Wagtail over my head at Choseley Barns.
(And Honey Buzzard, but that was debatable!)

196 now. Whats 200 gonna be?!

White-tailed Plover Leighton Moss 16th June 2007. Before that my all time bogey bird, Common Crane, four of which I found for myself within a couple of miles from home in Feb 2006, then saw flocks of hundreds in Donana in December 2006.

I very rarely get a "life" bird these days, either in Britain or Europe, mainly because I don't twitch very often or very far, and have been birding for 35 years. Also, for 25 years, all of my holidays abroad have been in Europe. I've only been outside Europe once, and that on a non-birding holiday. There are still European birds that I need, but they're not normally within range of a family holiday.

Might try and work out my UK, Europe and local lists later......

Got my first Wood Sandpiper yesterday at Druridge Pools :t: Lifer No. 190

Took a bit of doing though....spent twenty minutes scouring the area it had been reported from then saw it pottering about in the reeds. Was 99% sure it WAS the Woody but I do insist on being completely sure to add it to my Life List...by which time the wee devil had hidden itself! :-C
Told Neil I was NOT moving from the hide until I saw the bird ( or it got too dark to see anything! ;) ) so he settled down with his book :-O
Half an hour later a movement cauht my eye and it moved out from the reeds and showed itself superbly for me :t: Got all the id points ticked off as it fed on waters edge and bathed.

Very satisfying :t: Just wish another birder or two had been around to share it with as I've been shown things in the past which I would have probably missed otherwise.

had 17 lifers on a short trip to Madird last week, highlight were the final 3 lifers of the trip, Little and Great Bustards, and Black-bellied Sandgrouse

Joe

Red Knot, finally! I know that people are used to seeing them in large numbers but I was happy with my one bird after 5 years in Churchill. Great year for birds here the whole cast showed up.
Rhonda

I guess there are not too many people getting "lifers" lately! No posts since June 18.

It is pretty slow here during the summer in Missouri, but there is always a chance to see a rare shorebird (wader) as they begin to migrate down to their wintering areas.

*I did see a stint (very rare for our area) the 28th-31st July, 2002!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back