• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden / Yard List 2023 (1 Viewer)

My first contributions are the birds scoffing at the feeders
Blue tit
Great tit
Marsh tit
Coal tit
Tree sparrow
Nuthatch
Blackbird
Magpie
Jay
Hawfinch

Seen over garden
Raven
Red kite

#9. House Sparrow
#10. Bullfinch
#11. Greenfinch
#12. Common Gull

Also I have seen Red Squirrel and European Hare

On first pic is a view from my bedroom/office window to North-West, on second pic is a view from kitchen window to South-East (and the sea is also somewhere there)

Attachments

• P2730052.JPG
    P2730052.JPG
    11 MB · Views: 5
  • P2730053.JPG
    P2730053.JPG
    11 MB · Views: 5
  • P2730059.JPG
    P2730059.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 4
  • P2730071 (2).JPG
    P2730071 (2).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
6 January - new additions

18. Great Cormorant (Phalacrocorax carbo)
19. Black-headed Gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus)
20. Feral Pigeon (Columba livia)
21. Tufted Duck (Aythya fuligula)

Very quiet so far best of heard only Grey Partridge, and reat Spotted Woodpecker seen. Was puzzled the other morning had some ducks going over in the pitch black calling and was a bit baffled until I worked out it was a mixed group of Mallard and Teal flying over together calling.TheTeal are far less than annual so a decent year tick. Probably would benefit from having 10 minutes in the garden every morning before work, but it kills me to get up early as it is.

Rocketing towards the big 2 0 here at the squat:

17 Grey Heron
18 Green Woodpecker

Despite the more built up setting here I can scan the mountains overlooking the town, no birds seen up there so far but four Chamois up on a ridge enjoying the lack of snow yesterday is encouraging, maybe a Golden Eagle will wander by:unsure:
Late morning edit: There must be a Goshawk in the pines across the river as the crows have been going bonkers on and off for an hour or more now, of course an Eagle Owl trying to snooze is an outside possibility! While patiently watching in the glorious sunshine:cool: for something to come out of the trees a
19 Chaffinch
flew by.
Second edit, made it to 20, a flock of five
20 Siskin
flew into some alders by the river.

Last edited:
Battleship grey here with gusting SWesterlies, and the light value of almost dusk.๐Ÿ˜ฉ
โ€ฆ..not looking promising!

However, straining my eyes into the โ€œdarkโ€ (16.10 pm) splash pool, watching a Robin โ€˜avin a barfโ€ (local parlance, for non-English speakers), when I espied a โ€œsmall zippyโ€ thingโ€ฆno.38 Goldcrest.๐Ÿ˜Š

Last edited:
A nice day out at Rutland Water yesterday but back to the garden in between the lengthy spells of rain today......

January 7th
28. Linnet
- heard over on three occasions
29. Little Egret - one flew over post-roost
30. Red Kite - one is regular over the town now, see it every few days

Users who are viewing this thread

Back