• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How Is Your 2016 List Going? (4 Viewers)

One from June (I still haven't finished sorting my West Canada trip photos)

283Evening Grosbeak from the Kananaskis area near Canmore

This morning I went to the eastern panhandle of West Virginia to chase a local rarity. I quickly found my target, which put me up to 221 for the year.

221. Baird's Sandpiper

It was also a state lifer, number 262.

Dave

One new bird this morning brings me up to 222 for the year.

222. Philadelphia Vireo

Although it's possible to see Philadelphia Vireos in the spring, I almost always find them during fall migration.

Dave

191 for the UK so far, following a brief call-in to Slimbridge this morning. The excellent Migfest event at Spurn a couple of weeks ago contributed a lifer and 4 other year-ticks.

Migfest, 10-11 Sept:
185 Kentish plover
186 Skylark (yes, I know, I know...)
187 Whinchat
188 Redstart
189 Spotted flycatcher

Twitched on 17 Sept, Leicestershire:
190 American wigeon

Slimbridge 24 Sept:
191 Spotted crake (my second ever, and superb close views)

Went to a place along the Ohio River on the western edge of West Virginia to chase a potential state lifer. I quickly found my target, which put me up to 224 for the year.

224. American Golden Plover

It was state lifer number 263.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back