• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Skua Cruise 2011, Sunday 4 September (1 Viewer)

Booked - see you all there.

I'm travelling up and B&Bing the day before, so if anyone fancies a walk round Flam on the afternoon of the 3rd then give me a shout.

i will be there also, might well make one for flambrough the day before pete as i'll most likely be up there for a few days before.

Cool - let me know if you decide to, and I'll PM you my mobile number. Based on previous year's trains etc., I'll probably be up at Flam about mid-day.

It did get a bit soggy didn't it? Down the side wasn't the best place to sit last year in the swell... at least I managed a good look at the passing Black Tern from that seat, though, so it wasn't all bad...

It did get a bit soggy didn't it? Down the side wasn't the best place to sit last year in the swell... at least I managed a good look at the passing Black Tern from that seat, though, so it wasn't all bad...

I don't mind suffering a bit for shearwaters, I was sick as hell when I saw Cory's from a boat off Tenerife.

Bad luck Trystan. I saw bunches of Cory's on the ferry to La Gomera (and a few flying fish). Keith takes the serious biscuit for his boat trip that sailed through a raft of Cory's and Greats with a Sperm Whale thrown in.

I booked on right at the beginning. I was getting worried it had all gone quiet. I was wondering if everyone met up anywhere before hand. I have spoken to quite a few of you in the past but don't really know anybody. I think I should maybe introduce myself.

It'll be good to meet you, Rovin', and hopefully you can make it along for the post-cruise birding, which usually turns up even better stuff than the cruise itself!

Can't make 4th but am booked in for 10th;good luck everyone!Thinking might try a silly trip next year, some great photos about.Anyone know much about these trips???

A few of us are crossing the Pennines to join you on the 10th, followed by a bit of bush bashing in the afternoon then fish & chips at Inghams in Filey. Whoo hoo!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back