• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ultravid BL, is it still available? (1 Viewer)

I was looking at a Great Spotted Woodpecker about 30m away. It looked at me, made eye contact then scurried over to the opposite end of the tree trunk to peck away in privacy.
That's been my experience with woodpeckers in the wild. OTOH, I've had chickadees eat sunflower seeds out of my hand. Of course, they were in my wooded backyard, so they saw me every day putting seeds in the feeder. But I was still surprised they were that tame.

Brock

To be honest, they look pretty nice and it's the only x32 'BL' I've seen? But $8k ?!??

I could see actually buying those...if I was in a totally different income bracket. Like you said, at least they're nice looking.

This link reads like internet trash, reposting shallow well-known information with lots of ads and presumably click-through profits from sales links. They can't even decide whether attraction to shiny things relates to courting behavior, food (how?), or "uveitis" which is an eye infection.
Thanks for providing the link. I just read the article on birds attracted to shiny things and I love it. It is very in-depth, and well written and provides a great deal of information on the subject.

Thanks for providing the link. I just read the article on birds attracted to shiny things and I love it. It is very in-depth, and well written and provides a great deal of information on the subject.
Don’t thank tenex, thank me….tenex is allergic to "inexplicable penchants" 😜 ☮️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back